Fluvanna County Courts Building
Fluvanna County, Palmyra, Virginia
A beautiful example of early 19th century Greek Revival architecture, Fluvanna County’s small historic courthouse is the centerpiece of the village of Palmyra, which became the county seat in 1828. Together, the historic building and the new courts building designed by Moseley Architects create and anchor both ends of a formal axis through the village. The new building is sited on a former parking lot and, in conjunction with the pre-existing county office building, defines a large outdoor space suitable for a variety of events. The county’s circuit and district courts are located in the new facility.